Metrorail and Metromover
Going to the race in the early morning? The most convenient way to get to downtown Miami is to take transit to the race. The regular Metrorail fare is $2.25 per one-way trip. Only EASY Cards or EASY Tickets are accepted at Metrorail fare gates. Runners are encouraged to purchase (or load an existing) EASY Card or EASY Ticket before the race on January 29, 2017 to avoid long lines the day of the event. Both EASY Cards and EASY Tickets are always available at EASY Card vending machines at all Metrorail stations, the Omni Bus Terminal and at EASY Card Sales Outlets throughout Miami-Dade County.
Metrorail trains will depart the southern most station (Dadeland South) and the northern most station (Palmetto) starting at 4:00 a.m. Metrorail service will pick up at all stops along the way to the Government Center Station in downtown Miami. Once at the Government Center Station, participants should transfer to the Metromover’s Downtown or Omni Loops to the following stations:
- Start line access: Freedom Tower or College/Bayside Station
- Finish line access: Bayfront Park and College/Bayside Station
- Cheering zone: Omni Station
*Participants are strongly encouraged to arrive 15 minutes early to ensure they get on the train.
On January 29, trains will depart from Palmetto, Dadeland South and Miami International Airport stations at 4 a.m. Metrorail will provide regular Sunday service with the following frequency:
- Trains departing from Palmetto Station will leave every 15 minutes until approximately 5:22 a.m. Regular Sunday service will resume after 5:22 a.m.
- Trains departing from Dadeland South Station will leave every 15 minutes until approximately 6:15 a.m. Regular Sunday service will resume after 6:15 a.m.
- Trains departing from Miami International Airport Station will leave every 15 minutes until approximately 5:46 a.m. Regular Sunday service will resume after 5:46 a.m.
In addition, parking garages at Metrorail stations will open at 4 a.m. and race goers can park for free at all Metrorail garages.
Metromover, which is free, will begin service at 4:00 a.m. on January 29, 2017.
Metrorail Parking Fee: FREE
- Marathon participants can park at Metrorail stations for FREE all day on January 29, 2017. Metrorail parking facilities will open at 4:00 a.m.